Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's 2012. Aren't we supposed to have flying cars already?

We've started out the new year by logging 660 miles on trusty Van #2, finishing the first leg of our trip to Passion 2012.

Our chariot:


It's been a good trip so far (pleasedontjinxmyselfpleasedontjinxmyself). The ride went by relatively quickly and everyone is getting along, despite being cramped in a van since 7:30 this morning.


The group minus one, who we picked up in Houston. We have a great group of people here- Jordan and I (mostly "I") had a come-to-Jesus before we left, and I've been pleasantly pleased to see everyone being super cooperative, flexible, patient and kind to each other. Sure, it's only day 1, but we're all basically adults and hopefully this trend will continue.


Jordan did all the driving, which I am thankful for! I read an entire book, which means it's a good thing I downloaded 4 before we left. We made it all the way to Mobile, Alabama, which leaves us 321 miles still to travel (or about 5 hours). One of my very dearest friends lives in Mobile and it was an absolute treat to see her and spend some time catching up and laughing together. I look forward to seeing her again on our way back home.

Tomorrow, we'll be up bright & early once again and complete our trip to Atlanta. Stay tuned for more pictures and stories!

No comments:

01 09 10