Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Ian's 6 month update

Ian Michael! I just can't even believe it... you're SIX months old already. That's half a year for anyone keeping track, which means before I can blink twice, it will be time to plan your first birthday party. Oh, little brother, why must you get so big so fast!? 


We "celebrated" your 6 month half-birthday by introducing some food this morning! After weeks and weeks of staring, grunting, and drooling at what everyone else was eating, you finally got a spoonful of rice cereal. And you weren't all that impressed. To be honest, I probably wouldnt be all that impressed with rice cereal either... but just you wait... lots of other goodies will be starting soon! I thought you were ready to drop to 4 feedings and 2 naps, but after a couple of terrible days, it was pretty obvious that 5 feedings is the way to go right now.

Feeding drama aside, you continue to be the happiest baby I know. I thought Isaac was a great, happy baby (which he was), but you, my boy, are a total breeze. You're charming and you love smiling and laughing. Sure, you have your fussy moments, just like any 6 month old, but I'd say 95% of the time, you're pretty content. You still prefer to be held and cuddled, which proves problematic at times, but is pretty endearing. That other 5% of the time, when you're not happy with life, can be pretty painful... you have this shrill, ear-piercing cry that is SO hard to listen to.

We were lucky enough to get another visit from Aunt Casey this month, which was a real treat, because A. We love her and B. She was able to be here while dad was gone. You (Ian), me, and Isaac have spent a lot of time together this summer, and thankfully most all of those times have been smooth sailing. That being said, I'm definitely looking forward to the end of summer camp season. Three weeks out of town and one week of VBS has been a LOT of time away from dad!

You're babbling, squealing, and laughing non-stop these days! (I've even heard a few "mamas" while babbling... I won't go so far as to say it's your first words, but it's pretty heart warming to hear) You're so fun to be around, because your sweet, happy moods are infectious. You still suck your thumb when you get sleepy and just like your momma, you also like to knead a blanket while you're sucking your thumb. I keep wishing and hoping that you'll drop this little habit... but mostly I'm realizing that it's time to start saving for braces. Haha!

Obviously, you don't have a lot of hair on that noggin of yours, but what is there is actually pretty light, maybe even trending towards blond. It would be quite a sight to have a light haired member of this family, so I won't hold my breath on the blond hair becoming a thing. You're wearing size 3 diapers and mostly 9-12 month clothes. Your feet are growing into a size 3, but mostly you still wear socks. Your feet never touch the floor when we leave the house, so what's the point of chasing after real shoes all day? I don't know your weight or length, but I'm sure we'll see Dr. Canales sometime in the next week or so for a check up and vaccinations.
Sweet Ian, I pray you grow into a great man of God. That you are full of courage, quick to forgive, and have the heart of a servant. I pray in this house, you see love and grace lived out. I love you so much and I am so thankful to be your mom!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Aww. He's growing up so very fast. Happy six months, sweet Ian.

01 09 10