Sunday, November 6, 2011

Today

Why is it the only things I end up gleaning from Pinterest are foods?

I haven't made a rug out of tshirts.

And I haven't made a child's costume out of an umbrella and toilet paper.

And I haven't made wall art from paint chips.

...And I've never been to Boston in the fall.


But what I have made are lots and lots of Pinterest-inspired foods and meals. Feast your eyes on the newest conquest:

"Nutella Puppy Chow" This was the picture that was posted to Pinterest.....


And this was what it actually looked like finished. A little more like for real chow than exhibit A. Can I also just say how much I hate that name? Who really wants to eat puppy chow? I'm staging a revolt. Only, I don't exactly know what to call it. Regardless! It's delicious and addictive. I'll be 100% honest and tell you I made a double batch. I feel a responsibility to feed my coworkers so they get a bag. Tomorrow night is Bible study at our house and we'll have a bag then too. Jordan will take a bag with him to Staff Meeting tomorrow.

I'm channeling a little Oprah right now: "You get a bag! and YOU get a bag! and YOU get a bag!"

Anyway. Make some soon. I couldn't find hazelnuts at our neighborhood Wal-y-marts, so I went with slivered almonds instead and left them whole. It seems to work just fine, because you still have the hazelnut flavor and it gives a nice extra crunch to the mixture. It came together in about 15 minutes which is great when you have some unexpected company coming over. And it's a little dangerous when you're bored and hungry at home by yourself. Be careful.

So after making some Nutella/chocolate/almond crispix mix and taking my lovely and sweet friend Megan a giant chocolate milkshake, I topped my sweet-filled day off with something incredible:


Yes friends, that grainy, iPhone photo is none other than Shane & Shane. Even though I found out THIS MORNING that they were in Robstown, since they're basically my favorite, I hightailed it out there and took in yet another awesome Shanes concert. I just can't say enough about how great these guys are! I've seen them at least half a dozen times in concert and they never disappoint. Even if the "concert" is in the midst of an annual associational meeting. It was a fantastic end to a great weekend.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I just found myself thinking..."why are all of these pins, food?"

I wish Rockport were as close to Richland Hills in miles as they are alphabetically!

01 09 10