Sunday, March 20, 2011

What a week!

So I guess the spring break memo didnt quite get to me- there was a lot of spring with very little break! Jordan spent the week with a group of kids in New Mexico doing some snow skiing and attending the WinterFuge camp. Funny how we were separated by about 1100 miles of distance and 7400 feet of elevation! (Rockport : 0 ft above sea level. Glorieta : 7400 feet above sea level. Talk about altitude sickness!!!)

Because the week of spring break is about as difficult to get off as Christmas, I had to stick around south texas and work! So since I was husbandless and dogless (Mauve stayed at the doggy hotel for the week), I worked 4 days instead of the usual 3.

(and here's a side note: for all you non-nurses, the typical full time nurse works three 12.5 hour shifts per week. That's 7am to 7:30pm give or take. Because I live 45 miles away, I leave at 6am and get home around 8:15. Long days.)

I dont usually work more than 3 days because Jordan and I are often busy with church activities at least 2, sometimes 3 and 4 days per week. Since it was spring break, youth services were suspended, so I picked up an extra shift. So I spent Monday to Thursday in the Labor unit having babies and taking names.

And since extra work = extra $$, I did something stupid...

I went with 3 friends and their combined 5 kids to the San Marcos outlet malls. On Friday. During spring break.

What were we thinking???

Despite the heat + major crowds + kid meltdowns, we had a fun time and I got lots of great new goodies, including a FAB Kate Spade purse. I'd consider the trip a total success. After shopping (and sending some of the kids to their grandparents!), we spent the night in San Antonio.

After a busy week as a bachelorette, my husband is home and I couldnt be more excited to see him and have him around again. I love my hubs!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Outlets are dangerous stuff;) Thanks for stopping by my blog!:)

God Bless,
Shannon

01 09 10