Sunday, June 5, 2011

All caught up

So, 2, maybe 3 weeks ago, Jordan and I were sitting in a theater watching Something Borrowed. It was a cute movie, nothing spectacular, but still a fun movie. Regardless, this post isnt about Something Borrowed. It's about a trailer that played before the movie started. I am actually a little bewildered that the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was shown before a lighthearted romantic comedy. But again, that's neither here nor there. After the preview was over, I shared something with my husband that i'd been mulling around for a couple of weeks.

I wanted to catch up on the Harry Potter series.

Imagine my delight when he shared with me that he also had a hankering for Harry!


Up until that point, we had only seen the first movie back in like 2002 or something. We obviously didnt jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon when it was in full swing, but with the help of friends and Blockbuster and Redbox, we are all caught up and more than ready for Deathly Hallows 2!

Note: I didnt read the books. (and I dont plan to. and I dont want to know all the reasons why the books are superior.)

And another note: I/we havent jumped on another not-named book/movie franchise. (and I/we dont plan to. and I/we dont want to hear that the books will change my/our life/lives.)

Anyway. Back to Hogwarts.

Ok, so maybe I got on wikipedia today and read all about the Deathly Hallows book and already know the ending. But I'm still excited to see it.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Oh, Hollie! I like this post because for the first time in my life I am getting into HP. Movies only. The hubs and I are a part of a group of people that have Potter parties with heavily buttered popcorn. We are on our way to preparing ourselves for The Deathly Hallows. For a Potter virgin, I'm surprised I'm following along so well (thanks to closed captioning). Go Griffindor!

01 09 10