Today's another fun day for A Month 4 Moms! We're talking about fashion folks!! Just like with the 5 Minute Face post, I totally think that motherhood doesn't have to equal wearing t-shirts and yoga pants everywhere. Of course, if you asked my husband, he'd probably tell you that's my official uniform these days. Hanging around the house all day often equals pajamas for me and onesies for the boy. I'd love to say that getting fixed up everyday is a must, but honestly it's just not a priority when the only person I'm looking at all day is my reflection in the mirror.
Going out? Church? Running Errands? Totally different story.
Initially, I was going to include a M4M blog about postpartum weight loss... until I realized that I know nothing about losing weight after baby since I'm currently still holding onto, ohhhhh, about a dozen extra pounds. Putting together some new outfits to fit a postpartum body? GOT IT. I've learned a few things about getting this squishy, pudgy body dressed for the day with a baby in tow. Check out my short list of do's and dont's.
1. Don't wear black. Black might be slimming, but invariably, this will happen:
|That's dried spit up folks and there's no hiding it on black.|
2. Do light layers. This also helps with the unexpected baby contributions. Peel off top layer and voila! You're still good. Having a stockpile of mix and match layers makes it easy to pick and go super fast. Also, layers are key when being discreet while nursing. Totally honest here: I sometimes wear 2 camis underneath a top for extra boob coverage. One cami comes up, one cami comes down, belly's covered, cleavage is covered... you get the picture, right? Layering it up folks!
|Top/Cardi: Gap Outlet, Jeans: True Religion, Flats: Gap, Earrings: My Splash of Color|
3. Do the skinny jean/full blouse look. This is another postpartum body ensemble score. The flowy top plus the skinny jean equals smaller appearance with the fluffy bits all hidden away. The #2 and #3 looks have become my daily go-to outfits. Add some boots and give yourself 10 extra points
|Top: Gap outlet, Jeans: Loft, Boots: Frye|
4. Do a dress. Light. Airy. Feminine... the perfect pick-me-up for those days where being a mom has drained you of all lady-likeness. Plus, dresses can cover a multitude of sins. You really can't go wrong with a great wrap dress. A t-shirt dress plus a belt is simple and cute without looking stuffy or formal.
|Dress: Gap Outlet, Belt: Francesca's, Shoes: Gap|
5. Do rock some fun accessories
Scarves and fun belts, necklaces, earrings, bracelets... it's all going to give that outfit a little extra polish. Investing in a few multi-use statement pieces will really go a long way and add a little pop to everyday life. I don't know if you noticed the fabulously sparkl-icious earrings, but they definitely fit the bill... and guess what?! Some lucky reader will win their own pair!!!! High Five sister friend! Adrienne from My Splash of Color is graciously giving away a pair of earrings -- and she sent me a pair too! How's that for customer service!?
|One lucky gal will get these awesome earrings!|
a Rafflecopter giveaway