Monday, April 27, 2015

Halfway to three!

Yesterday morning (Sunday), Facebook let me know that three years ago, on April 26, we announced our first pregnancy to the world. It got me all misty eyed looking at my little gummy bear ultrasound picture.... who is now this big kid:
Half wet polo shirt. Nap hair. Silly smile. This is our life.
Who would've imagined that little gummy bear would be our first boy (and that 3 years after that announcement was made, we'd already have a second little boy!). It's also crazy to think that Isaac is officially now more than halfway to three. Getting to 2 and a half seems like an accomplishment, because life in general was so much different 6 months ago. And Isaac was so much different! He has grown so much since his birthday, thankfully not in weight or height (not that I can tell...), but moreso in maturity. I can have halfway coherent conversations with him! He can tell me about his day, what he liked to do, and the times when he got upset. He can retain information and relay it back (sometimes days later). He is goofy and funny and full of life. But deep inside this always-moving, laughing, crazy boy is a sweet and tender little heart.
The "please just sit down and smile for one picture!!!" Outtakes.
So I can always remember what life is like with this funny 2.5 year old of mine, we sat down... or well, I chased him around the house and asked some fun questions. Here's what we came up with:
I'd say his favorite toy by a landslide is Gator, without which, Isaac may not survive. The second favorite would easily be Lightning McQueen. Also, I cannot remember the last time I read him The Very Hungry Caterpillar (which I just realized I misspelled ^^up there^^ Shoot.), but we read George almost every night. The kid's a little nuts for Curious George these days. Lastly, I'm pretty sure his favorite things to eat are pretzel goldfish, tomatoes, grapes, and pizza. And I'm not even going to pretend he doesn't love to eat chips and candy.

Some other things he loves: Watching movies with popcorn (which he feeds to the dog). Running in circles ALL DAY LONG. Playing in the dirt. Antagonizing the dog. Jumping on the bed.
The Look.
It hurts my momma heart to think this sweet baby will be 3 years old in a few more months. He brings so much sunshine and laughter to our lives. I am blessed every moment by this amazing boy, what an honor it is to be his mom.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a sweet post. You are truly blessed being the momma to this little boy.

Kelli @ A Deeper Joy said...

Aww...he is so stinking adorable. I love "the look" and his answers to your questions...especially "George" :)

01 09 10