Friday, July 9, 2010

SUYL: First Timer

I've been a Kelly's Korner fan since Harper was born but never have participated in the "Show Us Your Life" link parties. Today the topic is favorite Bible verses and I have more than a few!


I often find that the verses I hold dear change as things in life also change. There are times where I feel weak and I cling to verses that hold God's promises for me. Promises of hope, a future, safety and love (Psalm 139). As I work my way through struggles with sin, I'll hide scripture in my heart to help combat trials or challenge myself to be a better Christian (Colossians 2:6-7, Romans 12:1-2) Then there are times where I feel my walk with God strengthening and I look to verses that describe His nature. One of my recent favorites comes out of Hebrews:

"He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the world by the word of His power. After making purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to the angels as the name He has inherited is more excellent than theirs." Hebrews 1:3-4 (ESV)

What are some of your favorite verses?

3 comments:

Lauren Thomas said...

Oooh that's a good one! It sounds like we have a lot in common! I see you're a fellow Georgian! My brothers and my dad all live in Texas, so we're out there quite a bit.....and my hubby also works in ministry! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kathleen said...

Love that verse! I'm glad I'm not the only first timer for "show us your life"!! :)

I'm from GA too! I grew up there but have lived in Alabama for 5 years now. I'll always be a Georgia Peach at heart!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am now a follower of yours :)

-Kathleen

Nancy said...

Congrats on your first SUYL post! What a powerful verse. Loved reading your blog & so nice to find someone else in South Texas who blogs. I will actually be moving to Sinton/Odem area (that is where my husband is from) at the end of the month. Looking forward to following your blog :)

01 09 10