Friday, March 2, 2012

Eleven x Eleven

At least a week ago now, Erika tagged me in a little blog survey, which I secretly dig. I can totally remember beinghigh schoolish age and seeking out these long surveys, spending hours pouring over my answers making sure they were perfect, saving them as a word document and re-reading them months and years down the road. Basically I was a loser.

Anyway. Being out of town and then working several days in a row to catch up has left me a little behind on filling this out and passing it along, but here we go.

Rules For Bloggers: (you must repost these)

1. Post these rules.

2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.

3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.

4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them. (ok, so I probably won't actually do this.)

6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!

Section 1: 11 Random Things About Myself

1. A conversation with Chris Norris sparked the idea for our dog's name (Mauve).

2. I think I could eat my weight in chips & queso... or ice cream... or Sister Schubert's rolls. Coincidentally, I haven't had any of these in months.

3. I have not read the Twilight series. I don't want to. Don't tell me they'll change my life.

4. I wear a mouth guard when I sleep. It's the shining symbol of my geeky nature.

5. I do not like to swim in stagnant water, i.e.: lakes. Gross.

6. There's nothing more distracting when I'm trying to go to sleep than feeling my leg hairs rub the wrong way against the sheets. It drives me nuts.

7. I haven't ever been to New Orleans, but I'll be driving there a week from tomorrow. Lets just call this the year of long car trips. (Atlanta... New Orleans... and in June, Tennessee)

8. I am not a good at keeping plants alive and growing and am pretty ashamed at how pitiful my front and back yard looks. I'm sure we're that house on the block that everyone drives by and thinks, "geez, can't they cut their grass and clean out those flower beds?"

9. I have strong magpie tendencies.

10. I am not good at math.

11. I have become pretty well known around the labor & delivery unit for being a weird patient magnet. I'm convinced there's some sort of Facebook group somewhere for kooky/weird/idiot pregnant women that has my picture posted above this quote, "When you go into labor, ask for Hollie! She loves the strange ones! "

Section 2: My Answers to Erika's 11 Questions


1. How many pairs of shoes do YOU own? (I need to know if I'm normal) Without literally going to my closet and
counting them, I've come up with 24. Talk about the picture of laziness.

2. If you had to have one type of plastic surgery done (and it were free), what would you pick?
I don't think this qualifies as "plastic surgery," but I'd love to makeover my smile/teeth. I'm very self conscious of my overbite and am jealous of those lucky people with pearly white smiles!

3. If you could have one exotic animal for a pet, what would you choose? Liger. Specially bred for its skills in magic.


4. What was your (first, most memorable, lamest, you pick) AOL Instant Messenger screen name? When did you stop using AIM (or DID YOU)? Holli64 was the one and only AIM screen name. I chose it when I was ridiculously young and silly and thought it would just be the cat's meow to drop the "E" off the end of my name. 6-4 is my birthday. Voila. I don't remember exactly when I kicked that habit, but I want to say it was sometime around the 10/11th grade area. If someone out there knows otherwise, feel free to raise your hand now.

5. If you had to move to another country tomorrow, which country would it be? If we're talking fantasy/no cares/no responsibilities kinda life, lets go with someplace lovely like Tahiti or Bora Bora. But if I'm required to support myself and make a living in this new country, I'll go with an English speaking country that has appropriate nurse-job opportunities (we're talking more than birthing babies on a dirt floor in a hut), which would be someplace like Ireland or England. I thoroughly enjoyed London many years ago.

6. If you had to enter the Witness Protection Program and get a new identity, what would you choose as your new name? Regina George? Gretchen Weiners?

7. Do you believe aliens could (or do) exist? Even if they did (and I don't think they do), I really couldn't care less.

8. What's your favorite book? Redeeming Love is always at the top of the list. My most recent read was the Hunger Games series and it was surprisingly very good. I also try to spend some time every day reading through books of the Bible. I'm currently working my way through the major and minor prophets.

9. If you could be on a reality show, which one would you choose? (All are fair game: trashy ones (Temptation Island?? Haha), contest ones (Survivor, The Apprentice), as well as stuff like House Hunters) This one is ridiculously easy. What Not to Wear. Hello?! $5000 worth of new clothes plus a fab hairdo and new makeup? Sign this girl up.

10. If you had to live in another era, which one would you want to live in? The 80's seemed pretty rad and I was only there for 60% of the decade.

11. If you were going to invite me over for dinner, what would you serve? I like to think my Chicken Spaghetti is pretty awesome. With Sister Schuberts rolls of course. And maybe a little salad with Green Jacket dressing. Dessert would be apple turnovers with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. Come on over!

Part 3: My Questions for YOU
1.What's your take on the Twilight phenomenon? Are you a fan? Are you strongly opposed?
2. What's your favorite form of exercise? Window shopping is a perfectly acceptable answer to this question.
3. Running along with the shopping theme, if you could max out your credit cards (without penalty or paying them off!) at any one store, where would that be?
4. If you could pick a movie title to describe your life, what would it be and why? (just the title- not the movie subject or premise... like if you pick "Pretty Woman" it just means you're a pretty woman, not a prostitute who falls in love with Richard Gere.)
5. What (in your opinion) are the ideal condiments or toppings on a hamburger?
6. If you could learn a new musical instrument, what would it be?
7. Are you an Apple or PC person?
8. If you could re-do a day in your life, what day would it be and how would it be different?
9. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure? (i.e., that trashy tv show? romance novels? ice cream??)
10. Do you have any brothers or sisters (or siblings-in-law?)? Are you close in age? Are you close in relationship?
11. Will anyone actually fill this out? It's taken me like 2 days.

Part 4: Bloggers I Tag for the Above Questions

1. Cas
2. Samantha
3. Melissa
4. Allison

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I am doing mine tonight! Like 3 weeks later!

01 09 10