Sunday, May 10, 2009

New York City

Ok, so I took around 600 pictures while I was in the Big Apple! Here are just a few highlights from the trip. 

Times Square

China Town (I got a $30 Gucci purse here!) 

Rockefeller Center

We saw Chicago and it was amazzzzzzzzing!

Friends pose at the Friends fountain (y-know, from the show?!)

Gorgeous Central Park

Another famous fountain... from lots of movies that I cant think of right now. Goodness - if we were close to something that was in a movie, someone took a picture of it. Tourists. There's some sort of tradition that takes place at this fountain that involves a bride & groom & proposing or something. I guess I wasn't really paying attention to our little tour guide.

We had dinner with another group from Baylor at the 21 club and it was delish! 

Again with the movie/picture thing- this is Teddy Roosevelt in front of the Natural History Museum- the one from "Night at the Museum." 

Manhattan (from the Staten Island Ferry, which we rode to escape paying for a ferry to Liberty Island. )

Lady Lib (again from the SIFerry!)

Downtownish Skyline

Grand Central Station

So there's a quick overview of the trip. I cant say it was as awesome/amazing/fantastic/memorable as I anticipated it would be. I think I mostly wanted to share it with my hubby. I dont remember if I've already blogged about this or not. By day 4ish everyone was homesick and maybe a little cranky (myself most of all!). I want to go back one day in the future and stay in Manhattan (not Flushing), go with my husband (and not friends), go see another musical, buy something at Tiffany's -or- well, make my husband buy me something from Tiffany, eat more pizza and less cupcakes because Sprinkles are better than Crumbs/Magnolias, and spend more time in Central Park. OH and I wont go to an OB conference that takes up 2 of the 5 days I'm there. 

Next up? Pics from Jordan's graduation. But first, a cookout with our neighbors! Yum Yum Yum. I will soooooooOooooOoooOoOoOoOOO miss my neighbors. (News on Rockport coming soon!)

No comments:

01 09 10