Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mind Games

I havent blogged much about my running or training schedule, so here goes...

I need to run 11 miles tomorrow.

I just have to convince myself that it's not really going to kill me. So much of running (for me) is a mind game, telling myself to put one foot in front of the other. And something that i've been struggling with the past 10 days is consistency. 2 weeks ago I ran 9 miles with no problems. Sure I was tired, but my excitement over actually finishing greatly outweighed the jelly legs. Since then, I can hardly make it to 4 measly miles. I've got 15 days left until the Rock & Roll San Antonio Half Marathon and tomorrow is the pinnacle of my training, because next week I'll taper off.

So here are my goals:
1. Run 11 miles tomorrow.
2, 3, & 4: Finish the half marathon; Beat my PR; Cross the finish line in 2:30.

I hope that I'll be motivated enough after this half marathon to continue running consistently. Maybe I can find another race in January to sign up for and keep me on track. Someday, I'd love to really enjoy running. I toy with the idea of someday running a full marathon, and I think maybe --just maybe-- I'm stubborn enough to go through with it.

Anyone want to buy me a treadmill for my efforts??

No comments:

01 09 10