Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Days Gone By

So it's been 2 weeks since my last post! That's shameful! It has definitely been a busy few weeks here in the Mims' house, and I'm gonna post a little recap of what life's been like recently.

It took me an hour to catch up on all the facebooking (So & so got married! This girl had a baby! That guy graduated! Etc.), Blogging, and Pioneer Woman-ing. Not exactly how I could've spent an hour today, but I feel like I'm back to being connected once again.

I spent last weekend (May 11-May 18) in Augusta (with a night & morning in Houston thrown in there too). It's always nice to see family and friends again and this time was no exception. I specifically chose to come into town to throw my sister a baby shower. I expect a call anyday now that she's in labor with her sweet boy. I am brokenhearted to not be there for his birth (as I was a rule-breaking visitor and snuck in to the birth of my niece!), but hope to be back in town sometime over the summer to see him and kiss his cheeks! They still arent sure about a name, but I've heard a lot of the possibilities and would never doubt my sister's choices. If I made a list of the classiest people I know, Jenn would be at the top. She's a pretty awesome sister!

I also got to spend a lot of the weekend with my other sister, which is always so much fun. I am so lucky to have such great sisters! We went out to eat and went shopping and saw movies together and painted toenails and ate cupcakes and decorated and baked and laughed and commiserated. We visited a church that neither of us had been to before. It was so much fun! Casey's husband is looking at graduate schools and I'm hoping that he chooses UNT, which will only be about 6 hours from us, as opposed to 18!

Not only did I get in a good dose of sister time, but also got to spend some quality time with my parents and 2 of my favorite friends. By the end of my trip, I was tired and ready to come home to my husband.

I've done my fair share of working since I've been home, and when I havent been working, it still seems like I'm running all day long! Beach to bay 2011 was this past Saturday and I ran leg #2 (of 6 total) for a team with a coworker and a bunch of people I didnt know! I was kind of dreading the race, but got that familiar, overwheming excitement and feeling of accomplishment when I saw the leg 2/3 chute. I'd considered finding a new exercise/hobby, but maybe running isnt completely out of the picture for me afterall.

Early & overcast morning shot- just before leg #1 started! From L to R: Me, Zoe, Carin. I dont think I've ever seen that many skinny people in Corpus Christi all in one place at the same time! (Thank you, Men's Health magazine for naming CC, TX the "fattest city in the US." Spend an afternoon in walmart and you'll understand why. And then you'll go buy stock in whatever pharmaceutical company makes insulin.)

But that's neither here nor there.

Also, this past weekend, we recognized our graduates, both on Saturday night and on Sunday morning. The Saturday banquet was a special time spent honoring our seniors and their families and friends. Tears and hugs abounded at the banquet, coupled with laughter and good memories. Then, we spent some time during the sunday morning services recognizing the students before the entire church. And then the hubs preached. And I was proud of him. (as always!)

This is just a few of our graduating seniors. Jordan and I will certainly miss them all!!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

:) Your blogs make me happy.

Love you!

01 09 10