Sunday, January 22, 2012

Most recently

The last week can be summed up in 1 word: work. You can always bet that when it seems like I'm completely neglecting my blog, it's because I'm either out of town, or working multiple days in a row. So here's a little recap of what's been going on in our house over the last week or so.

1. Most recently, or should I say, currently, we are watching the NFC Championship. This basically consists of Jordan jumping around and screaming and clapping his hands for 3 hours while his team of choice, the San Francisco 49ers finally make their way to and through the playoffs. Go niners! Beat the Giants!

2. New Jewelry! Stella & Dot released their new spring 2012 line and I am loving almost everything, which is not good for my wallet. These earrings are just lovely:


I got these and about a jazillion other pairs of earrings, a couple of necklaces and a bracelet or two. I love it all!

3. I read The Hunger Games. After several recommendations from my sister and some friends, and having hours upon hours of driving time to and from Atlanta, I downloaded all 3 books to my iPad and went to town. For the record, I also read the Stephanie Plum #18 book on the way to Atlanta too and it was kind of lame. I may very well be done with that series, but am looking forward to seeing the One for the Money movie that comes out this weekend!

HG was good! I sped through The Hunger Games, quickly read Catching Fire, and eventually finished Mockingjay. The first of the series was by far my favorite, and although I appreciate a lack of foul language and sexual situations, I'm still a little surprised that these books are written for young adults. But what am I saying, I read Stephen King as a "young adult," meaning I'd probably have been much better off putting away the Hunger Games as opposed to Cujo, The Green Mile, and Pet Cemetery. I'm sure almost the entire planet has already read this series, but if you haven't, they could be worth your time.

So that's about it. Boring few weeks here at the house, which isn't always a bad thing. We've got a busy year to come and I look forward to sharing the places we're going (both near and FAAAR) and the things we're doing. So hang in there friends, not all my posts will be about football, jewelry and books. Just this one.

1 comment:

Erin said...

So much for the 49ers beating the Giants...
:)

01 09 10