Friday, January 18, 2013

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday! ...apparently. Between not working and taking care of a baby, I rarely know what day it is without giving it some considerable thought. Like when you go on a long vacation and don't have to know or care what day it is anymore. Regardless! I'm linking up with Lauren and High Five for Friday for the first time ever! Here goes my list of five completely unrelated and random highlights from this week. 


1. It is a beautiful day here in Rockport! Just absolutely gorgeous. So nice in fact, I can't get Mauve to come back inside. She has been sunbathing on the porch or rolling in the grass all day long! She'll come back inside for a minute, make the inspection circle around the house, and walk right over to the door to be let outside once again. Silly girl. Isaac and I should take advantage of the sunshine and mild temperatures and go for a walk later.

2. We have 3 cartons of almond milk, a quart of whole milk, and a half gallon of 1% milk currently residing in our refrigerator. We should be ready for almost anything, as long as it involves dairy (or non-dairy alternatives).

3. I bought 3 bags of these peppermint chips during the holidays because I thought they'd be a great mix in for the homemade peppermint ice cream I'm still planning to make. Turns out, the peppermint crunch baking chips make a pretty tasty snack. Yes, I am that person who eats all the semisweet morsels before I can get a batch of cookies made.

4. My milk-stuffed freezer. I was downtrodden last night when I was only able to pump 4oz of milk after Isaac's last feeding. Thinking back on the day, I remembered I pumped 9oz after his first feeding to send with him to Discovery Days. Then I pumped again after lunch, bagging up 11oz for the freezer. When I realized i'd pumped a grand total of 24oz that day AND had 4 good nursing sessions, I felt a little silly for worrying about my end-of-the-day output. I'm enormously proud of my milk-sicle stash, and the freezer photo doesn't quite do it justice (the entire door is full of milk and most of the interior compartments are full of milk too.). Can you say overproducer?!

5. Learning about the life of Paul in "To Live is Christ." The circa 1997 video of Beth Moore that corresponds to the lessons is pure hilarity... did everyone really look like that in 97?! That just doesn't seem that long ago, but the shift dress and structured matching jacket suggest otherwise. After Beth's incredible talk about Passover at Passion 2013, I am excited to dig into this study of hers.

3 comments:

Erika said...

That's the exact same almond milk I drink!! Woohoo...yeah. I wanted to buy those Andes chips. Good thing I didn't, or I would've eaten them all too.

Kathy said...

This is a cool post. Love how you did the pictures and comments. You are having much better weather than we are. We are having the coldest weather of the last two years for the next week or so.

Brittany said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comment led me here :) Opposite of you, I am transplanted OUT of Texas (Houston), my home state.

It's a pleasure to visit your blog... I'm following, now!

Relating to this post, I've done several of Beth's studies and love love love them. I pray you will be richly blessed!

01 09 10