- I'm going to have a NINE month old this week. That means he's been out of my tummy as long as he was in my tummy. On thursday, he'll be exactly 39 weeks old. I was pregnant for 39 weeks. What a weird thought. I guess I ought to start thinking about a birthday party. Maybe monsters?... you know, since his birthday is only a few days shy of halloween and all. I'd definitely be open to some one year old birthday party suggestions. Wow, just typing one year old seems bizarre. Almost like typing that i'll be thirty in less than a year.
- My nearly-nine-month-old had a doozy of a week last week - hence the lack of bloggage. Seriously short (or nonexistent) naps plus no relief equalled one tired mama at the end of the day. I was never so happy to have my husband home after a long two weeks at camp. I'm also totally jealous that he got to spend the week hearing David Nasser and worshipping with Kristian Stanfill. Yes please. This year ended up being a total wash with youth camps and myself. I was really legitimately disappointed to be staying home, but it was both too soon to leave Isaac with someone for a week and not really worth taking him along. Maybe next year...
- Apparently I'm not the only person who's lost the PW magic. Lots of you told me that you're no longer her target demographic. My new must-read superblog is definitely The Small Things Blog. Maybe it's our shared appreciation for beauty products?? Kate, you should check out my L&D series [shameless plug].
- I only thought that curdled milk spit ups were the grossest. If only I had realized that solid foods become spit up too... which are mixed with curdled milk. Seriously disgusting. Thank goodness we have dark couches. I'm more than ready to be done with this phase.
- I've got a few posts in the works for this week, including a Frugal Friday first. That'd be a great new series, except I really only have one money-saving idea worth blogging about. And considering I've made a plethora of purchases recently, I probably don't really qualify to be doling out thrifty advice. Plus there's a lot of math involved. And we all know I don't do math.
- It's my dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!
Monday, July 22, 2013
It's been a jumbled few days here at home. Here's a ridiculously random assortment of what's mulling around in my head this Monday morning.