Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nine Months

Today, you are 39 weeks old, which means 39 weeks ago I was 39 weeks pregnant and in labor with you! You've been outside for as long as you were inside. It's amazing to think of how much you've grown and changed over the last 9 months. It also takes me back to the day I realized I was pregnant, which seems so very long ago. To imagine my little boy was once a single-celled fertilized egg is absolutely miraculous. A miracle of life indeed.


This month was kind of a doozy for both of us. Your dada was away at 2 youth camps and we stayed home for the 2 weeks he was gone. We played and had fun, but I was exhausted and never more happy to see your dad come home. I am so thankful that your daddy loves you and takes such good care of you.




Your tooth count is officially SIX now. In true Isaac fashion, the two you added this past month came in at the same time, which made for a cranky, clingy day or two. To be honest, you have handled all of your teeth incredibly well and for that I am grateful. With new teeth come new foods! I started giving you various table foods this month, with wishy-washy success. Some items were easily chewed & swallowed (i.e. Ritz crackers and strawberries), where others were gagged and barfed up (i.e. puffs and goldfish). You're in the process of perfecting that fine pincer grasp, but interestingly enough, it seems like you do best eating your foods off of a fork or spoon. You've totally gotten the hang of drinking from a sippy cup, a straw, and even sometimes straight from the side of a regular cup.


You still aren't crawling, cruising, scooting, or walking. Nowadays, if you want something close by, you'll roll over to get it. It's pretty funny, and despite not having the crawling thing down, you are still resourceful. I'm pretty certain the other 9 month old babies are crawling and cruising circles around you, but I try not to worry and know that you'll be mobile in your own time. In previous months, having a toy out of arm's reach didn't phase you, but these days it frustrates you, so maybe a little motivation will get you moving forward soon enough. Until then, I enjoy being able to keep you wrangled in one spot.


You weigh 22 pounds and 8 ounces (75th percentile), and you are 29 inches long (80th percentile)!! You're wearing size 3 diapers. 12 month clothes fit you better than I'd like them to. You're still nursing 4 times a day (upon waking, 11am, 3pm, and at bedtime) and eating 2 solid meals plus a snack or two throughout the day. You're reluctantly taking 2 naps but always happy to go to bed and sleep from 7pm to 7am. I don't know if you'll ever go down peacefully for your naps, since rocking, co-napping, and crib napping all lead to the same fuss-fest.

Mom & Dad love you to pieces little buddy! You bring so much light and laughter into each and every day. We are so fortunate to be your parents.

3 comments:

Becky said...

He is so stinking cute! I love his little teeth! That sounds really funny that he rolls to things :)

Kathy said...

The older he gets the cuter he gets. And the more he looks like you. His little teeth are so sweet. He is growing up so fast!

gayle said...

OH MY GOSH! Look at those GORGEOUS eyes! I mean, for real. You do know how adorable your son is, right? ;)

xoxo,
gayle | grace for gayle
I'm a #Previvor

01 09 10