Friday, April 25, 2014

18 Months!!!!

I can't even believe it! A year and a half! My sweet boy is 18 months today and what a journey it's been so far. Each stage and every new experience has brought such joy and laughter to my life. I just choose not to think about his second birthday being right around the corner. That cant happen. It seems like last week we had his first birthday party. This has definitely been the greatest age so far, but I think I've said that about him from the beginning! I just adore my little guy.

Isaac, you are on at 100% from the moment you wake up, to the second your head hits the bed. Although some days, mama would like to curl up and snuggle with a movie to watch, you prefer going outside and getting dirty. You love going to the park to swing and go down the slide. You love running in the backyard and blowing bubbles. If for some reason, we're inside the house (you already have a better tan than I do for all the time you spend playing outside! I'm thankful you got your dad's complexion.), you're playing with cars. You love making them go Vroooooommmm on any surface in the house that will allow it.

You're a ridiculously good eater, sometimes eating more at a meal than I do. We're still working on using utensils, but you're getting better (but not less messy) each try. You have recently started dipping your food... chips in salsa, french fries in ketchup, chicken nuggets in Chick-Fil-A sauce. It's really hysterical to watch, but you love it! I am so thankful for a kid who is a great eater.

You're saying tons of words these days, I don't even think I could remember them all to write them down here. Most often we hear you ask to go outside for bubbles or to swing, but you also talk about cars and the dog pretty frequently. You're getting better at saying please (when prompted). Despite having an ever expanding vocabulary, there are lots of things that you still can't quite get out, which makes you very frustrated. Unfortunately, your mama is quite stubborn and known to be very hot headed, which I'm so fearful of when I see these qualities come out in you. I pray you will grow out of the toddler temper tantrums and have your dad's easy going temperament instead.

Even though you have a little fiery streak, you are such a sweet boy. You love giving kisses (even to the dog) and if it's not time to play, you've become very cuddly as well. Anytime you let me rock you, I try my hardest to soak in every tiny second of our time cuddled together. You like to fake-sneeze anytime someone else sneezes, stick out your tongue at yourself in the mirror, and dance when there's music playing.... you are so funny! You definitely don't like being touched by strange people, but I don't either, so we have that in common. Ha!

Because we got your first MMR vaccine late, we won't go to the doctor until May, so I'm not sure how much you weigh or how tall you are currently. You're in size 4 diapers, wearing size 5/6 shoes, and wearing some 18-24m and some 2T clothes. We thought you might never get up and walk on your own, but now that you're upright and moving, we can really see how tall you are! It wouldn't surprise me if you were still in the highest percentiles for height and head circumference.

Isaac, you make my whole heart light up with a big grin or a silly giggle. I pray that you will forever retain the ability to find wonder in the world, to laugh often, and to love the people around you. I hope that your dad and I are doing everything we can to point you to Jesus each and every day. We love you so very much.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

How big Isaac has gotten! Time really flies and it's hard to believe that 18 months has passed already. What a nice post.

Becky said...

Gosh time is flying!! He is growing into such a cute boy!! :)

Daughter of the King said...

So. much. love. Hollie, he's adorable, and love reading your notes as much as seeing the pictures.
Renee

Amanda McD said...

He is so cute and happy in all of his pictures! I especially love the one where he is covered in food. And I feel like I could have written that second paragraph, lol!

Kelli @ A Deeper Joy said...

Isaac is so adorable! I love me some Chick-fil-a dipping sauces too! :) Great post, Hollie! I can't wait to be able to do those too!

01 09 10