Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ode to my favorite spring Vegetable

After writing a much-too-long post about how irritated I am with people's misuse of the words your/you're and their/there/they're, I decided it was boring. And what have I decided to replace my boring grammar-related post with? An ode to my favorite spring vegetable: Asparagus!


Here's a disclaimer: I am a picky eater. I can narrow my picky eating habits down to basically disliking most vegetables with the exception of a select list. Jordan is f-o-r-e-v-e-r getting onto me for not having a more open minded palate. I dont eat mushrooms (it's a texture thing), onions (especially raw- gag! If they're chopped up really small and cooked in something, that's alright), squash, broccoli, sometimes zucchini, mushy carrots, avocado (although I think it's technically a fruit), cooked bell pepper, olives. Like I said, picky.

But despite allllll my vegetable hang-ups, I LOVE Asparagus! Roasted, grilled, steamed... as long as it doesnt come out of a can, i'll cook it & chow down! So what's my newest favorite asparagus recipe? It's so easy, it's hard to say it's a recipe... 400 degree oven, cookie sheet, asparagus, olive oil, salt & pepper. Coat the stalks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Spread it out on a cookie sheet and throw it in the oven for 10 minutes. Just 10 minutes!!! Something magical happens, and the asparagus comes out having a little bite to it, with some delicious browning. The very top even gets a little crispy. I could eat it all day long. Oh, and not to beat a dead horse, but the picture isn't mine... it's PW's. 

Later I'll post pictures from Stacy & Joel's maternity "shoot."

No comments:

01 09 10