Friday, November 12, 2010

30 day blog Challenge: Day 12

Day 12: What You Believe

I believe... in Jesus Christ.

I believe... He is the son of God and that the crucifixion and resurrection paid the price for my sins. Death is defeated and Christ is alive and will return. He is my redeemer and savior. What incredible, unconditional love displayed by our creator!

I believe... the Bible is truth and completely infallible. God's Word is given to us to guide and lead, it imparts wisdom, and reinforces His love for us. I dont see the Bible as a book of rules and restrictions, but protection and freedoms.

I believe... the church is the body of Christ. Anyone who professes to be a Christian should be plugged in and serving at a church, working together to accomplish great things for the kingdom of God. I think we need the fellowship of other Christians as encouragement and accountability.

I believe... that I screw things up a lot and am grateful for the sweet unending grace of God. I fail and I fail and I fail again and still He never leaves me. I do stupid things, even sometimes when I know I am wrong. I desperately need more of God each day and have been praying that He would soften my heart, draw me closer, and transform my life to be more like Him.

No comments:

01 09 10