Wednesday, November 3, 2010

30 day blog Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: Your First Love


While I could definitely say that my first love is Jesus, then Jordan, and then my momma (or mom then Jesus and finally Jordan if you're going chronologically) , I'm sure this question is much more centered around my first "Goodness gracious I want to marry you & have your babies!" love, so I'll tell you a little more about my husband.

I met my hubs in the spring of 2001 when I was the ripe old age of 16 at DNow. I would say that we technically met the November prior, but Jordan doesnt recall this introduction...I guess it's a good thing first impressions dont always stick. I was a junior in high school and he was a senior at another nearby high school. Our first date was my junior prom, although we didnt make things "official" until the date was over. Jordan was on track to attend Liberty University that fall, which for those unaware, is in Virginia. I would be staying and finishing high school in Georgia, which for those unaware is several states away. I was stressing over this, but lo & behold, he backed out of going a few weeks before and elected to stay in Augusta. I cant say for sure if I had anything to do with his change of heart, but given that we are both horrible at long distance communication (this was before Facebook people!), I was relieved.

We ended up dating another 5 years and finally tied the knot on July 8, 2006.

He's a pretty fantastic guy and even though I haven't had his babies yet, I still would like to someday. He is kind & considerate and always lets me eat some of his french fries. He's goofy, doesnt take himself too seriously and makes me laugh all the time. He is patient with me. I can say without a doubt that I love being his wife!

No comments:

01 09 10