Sunday, April 7, 2013

Back-stepping about a week

It was a real doozy of a week and I'm glad things have started to settle down (for a moment at least) and I can get some new thoughts out there in the blog-o-sphere. Just to give a glimpse into the last week around our house, my little guy caught a cold, AND got pink eye, and THEN decided to cut his first tooth. Poor kid.

While this is long overdue, considering Easter was now a week ago, we had a great Resurrection Sunday this year. Easter is always very busy, and of course adding Isaac into the crazy mix didnt make it any less busy. Despite this, we had a wonderful morning at church and I cooked an Easter-worthy roast, carrots, and potatoes. Just like I dropped the ball at Christmas and didnt get Isaac a stocking, I also didnt get Isaac an Easter basket. The mom guilt isnt going to get me on this one though, because I just dont think it's all that big of a deal. Or maybe I would be better to say that baskets and stockings arent the thing I wish to make into a big deal. Even though we were basket-less, Isaac still got a new book and a Veggie Tales movie from Jordan & I in celebration of our risen Lord & Savior. It was a great day.


We loaded up the three of us and our "big" camera and drove to a lovely little field (ok, in the spirit of full disclosure, it was the grassy knoll behind the church, which is like 1/3 of a mile from our house.) to take a few family photos in our Easter best. I'd done what I thought was a great thing and put the camera battery in its charger before church... or so I thought. Four photos into our DIY photo session, the camera battery died. The two above are half of our "family portrait session."

The dress I got for Easter is actually from eShakti. I'd heard of/browsed through their site a few times in the past and was totally intrigued by their custom clothing claims, the cute styles, and the great prices. Surprisingly, I was contacted by them just before Easter wanting to send me some merchandise in exchange for some blog love... and already knowing about the company & having checked them out previously... I couldn't say no! I fell in love with a ton of their pieces (and currently have my eye on this aqua lace dress), but this cute pink striped dress really called to me. I gave them my measurements and voila! A custom dress! Their custom sizes are super easy and truly allow you to get a great fit. I mean, for the first time EVER, the "girls" fit into a dress without: A. needing a dress 2 sizes bigger and B. worrying about the cups spilling over. It is awesome. They have tops and bottoms in addition to dresses and literally every garment they offer is customizable. Change the sleeve length. Change the neckline. Pockets? No Pockets? (my dress has pockets! 10 points to eShakti!) Personally, I think this would be perrrrrrrrfect for a bridal party. Pick out one of the dozens & dozens of dresses, customize it to fit your wedding style, have your maids send in measurements and BAM! Bridal party done. Plus, on top of all of this, their prices are unbeatable! I would pay the same amount at a place like Gap or Loft, but these dresses are made to fit my post-baby, nursing-momma body. It's kind of genius. So next time you're in the market for some new clothes, check out eShakti (they also have a facebook page) and see the great pieces they have to offer. In fact, the first time you register on their site, they give you $25. Twenty-five dollars! Just for signing up! Two thumbs up to you, eShakti!


3 comments:

Becky said...

I feel like I always comment saying how cute Isaac is but I feel like you also probably don't get sick of hearing it :) I love his Easter outfit! I'm glad he is feeling better - that sounds like a tough week eek.

Erika said...

Love the pink dress!!

jackie jade said...

fun easter - your photos look great. too bad your session was cut short. also the dress is so pretty - love the color!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

01 09 10