Today I'm writing a little product review on the Mia. If you remember from this post last year, I was itching to get my hands on a Clarisonic super sonic face scrubbing device (aka: the Mia). I'd heard wonders about them and wanted to try them out for myself. Only problem? They're kinda pricey.
I got the uber basic Mia model, which has 1 speed. Push the button, scrub the face, end of story. I did this at the recommendation of my sister-in-law, who insisted there was really no need for different speed settings (available on the Mia 2 and Aria models) or charging options. I also agree that the single-speeded Mia does a perfectly good job. The package comes with the Mia, a brush head, the charger, and a little face wash sample.
I've now had mine for about 6 weeks, and here's what I think about it:
- It obliterated the flaky skin around my nose, which no other scrubbing method could do. Totally gone.
- It significantly reduced the appearance of my pores. I did infact take a pre-Mia phone photo to do a side-by-side comparison and then I lost my phone. Woe is me.
- My makeup looks noticeably smoother
- Sans-Makeup, my skin looks noticeably more even (less red/ruddy areas)
- My face feels WAY more dry after cleansing. Confession: I never used a moisturizer... until now.
- Strangely enough, I haven't seen a reduction in the amount of shine/oil (even with the added dryness). But, I never had a problem with super "pore-purging" breakouts, like you see on many of the negative reviews.
- I've only ever used it a maximum of once per day. It's a pretty substantial scrubbing and I don't know that I'd enjoy the beating twice per day.
All in all, I am very satisfied with the Mia. I was ready to rid my face of the flakes and shrink my pores down to a non-moon crater size and the Mia definitely delivered. I'll continue to use it routinely and *fingers crossed* hopefully over time continue to see more improvement in my skin. Heck, on the nights where I combine the Clarisonic Mia and the Philips Sonicare toothbrush, I'm like the sonicbionic woman. Fighting plaque and pores one microorbit at a time!