Sunday, July 20, 2008

mmmMMMmmm... Slimfast.

Ok, so I am eventually going to get back around to talking about our trip to California.

Friday I got my wizzies pulled- all 4 of them, so now I look like this little guy.  ^^^  The doc had a really hard time getting the bottom left tooth out, so I'm super super swollen on that side- all the way down my throat. I still havent tried chewable foods- I hope to have my swelling decrease before I chew anything. I dont know if this is normal or not, but my mouth is so swollen, my tongue is numb. Does it scare me a little? Maybe. 

Anyway- Slimfast shakes have become my friend. At least I can rest easy knowing I have vitamins and protein and calcium going in me. 

I remember everything about the whole tooth pulling experience. Apparently, this doc I went to thinks 2mg of Ativan is enough to calm someone down for 4 extractions. Well it sure wasnt enough for me. I think I had a panic attack in the chair. It was awful. And of course, I'd already had a partial root canal before my extractions, so I was already a little on edge. I have to go back to complete my root canal (joy.) I think my actual dentist (whom I do like) will be finishing my root canal. We'll see I guess.

I'm not really having a lot of pain, but the swelling is so annoying!  If I could get the swelling under control, I'd be one happy chipmunk-looking little girl. 


Current song stuck in my head: Handlebars by Flobots

1 comment:

Megan said...

I was praying for you! I had a horrible wisdom teeth experience also. Sadly, I don't think I ate solid food for several weeks. I remember the first time I could bite down and chew--it was amazing. Also, watch your stitches. As mine were dissolving, I had a loose one and thought "whats a little tug?". I thought I was going to pass out and hit the floor:) Get better soon!

01 09 10