Friday, September 12, 2008

Snot Factory

I am in the throes of a nasty allergy attack. The nasty kind with fatigue, body aches, low-grade fevers, sneezes, snotty noses and raw throats.  One of those where you're tired like you've pulled an all-nighter but cannot sleep. Ick-o. 

So, needless to say, I was pretty disappointed when I got a phone call at 5:11 this morning asking me to work today (I was on call).  I think I actually cursed under my breath when the phone rang. And for what? To take over care of a 23-week-er who delivered shortly after lunch. Since 24 weeks is the "cutoff" of viability, the baby died shortly after birth.  Definitely not what I had in mind first thing this morning; although I'm sure this was not what my patient had in mind first thing this morning either. Very sad.

Ike's on the way and I think we'll be feeling the effects in the early morning and all day tomorrow. I am not really worried about being here and having any issues; however Jordan's parents & sister/brotherinlaw/niece/nephew are in Southwest Houston and have boarded up their house and are preparing to "hunker down" and ride out the storm. We just got word that they've already lost power. We're praying for their safety and hope they have little more than a bad thunderstorm to endure. 


Current song stuck in my head: none. too tired. :P

No comments:

01 09 10