Monday, January 26, 2009

A euphemism of sorts

Ok, so I started to write this really long post about Jordan's euphemism for the job search being like a courtship, but it got long & boring, so I deleted it. 

SO! In the spirit of the evening's festivities (we're having friends over for steak- yumm!), here's a little recipe I've found. As a disclaimer, I am a picky picky eater. I don't really go for veggies much, and that includes cooked carrots. So at Christmas, when I heard we were having cooked carrots as a side dish to our main meal, I was pretty disappointed. I resolved myself to get a normal-sized portion and swallow them down whole if necessary. And boy was I delighted to try them and looove them! I've even made them since Christmas and they're on the menu for tonight too! Deliciousness!


Black Pepper Glazed Carrots

1 lb baby carrots
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
pinch of salt
fresh ground black pepper

Cut baby carrots in half. In a saute pan, melt butter with brown sugar and salt. Stir until well incorporated and smooth. Add carrots and toss to coat thoroughly. Apply lid to pan & cook on mediumish heat for 15min. Remove lid, and add pepper to your liking. Toss carrots. Serve!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I am not big on carrots but that sounds yummy! I should try that! :)

01 09 10