Saturday, March 20, 2010

More renovations at Mims Manor

Jordan will be back home tonight and I had one last big to-do to cross of my list.

My mom & Denney (blind guy) will be visiting us next weekend and I had a little landscaping to take care of! These huge weeds are taking over our back yard, and I had a flower bed in the front yard with nothing in it but dirt. So earlier this week, I hit up a local nursery with my friend Marsha and got weed killer and new plants.

My momma is gonna keel over when she gets here....
-new house
-home cooked meals
-a dog
-green plants in the yard

We are so domesticated.


Mauve decided she needed to supervise the planting.


Something amazing happened while I was sweeping off the porch - It started raining! I got all 5 plants (4 on the right and 1 new fern on the left) done and happy before the storm. The bushes on the right are pink Indian Hawthorn. I am going to be sore tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Hollie! I clicked to your blog from the Laramores and just wanted to say hi. I am impressed that you planted all of that yourself! The Indian hawthornes are my favorites in our flowerbed. If you like pink, you're going to LOVE it when they bloom!

01 09 10