Monday, August 16, 2010

Spinning, Laughing, Dancing

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind.

I have SO so SO much to talk about. Big things!Fun things! Exciting things!

But FIRST, can I just say that I am absolutely tired of reality TV? I could care less about Dating in the Dark, Bachelors, Bachelorettes and their respective pads. I'm tired of Survivors, Apprentices, Design Stars, Food Network Stars, Top Chefs, and Iron Chefs. I hate you Real World, Jersey Shore, and all that crap on MTV and VH1. I think we're about to run out of American Idols, America's Talents, So You Think You Can Dance-ers, Bridezillas, Cake Bosses or Aces, America's Next Top Models, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, and Dancing Stars. Please leave the following folks alone: Little People, Little Couple, Little Parents, Kate + 8, the Duggars, Hoarders, and those who Didnt Know they were Pregnant.

I just had to get that off my chest.

So I finally bit the bullet and officially registered for my second Half-Marathon!


The San Antonio Rock N Roll Marathon is November 14. I started a 16 wk training program a few weeks ago. I know of a few folks who are running- including my first half buddy Jennipher!!! I am so excited to be running with her again! We have a similar goal of beating our respective personal records (which just so happen to be within about 3 minutes apart). Also, my friend Carey will be running, and even though she didnt think she could do it, I have a feeling she's going to completely smoke me. I'm working on another friend or two. I'm also working on finding a place to stay in San Antonio for Saturday night. Im actually in a little pickle. The race is on a Sunday, so Jordan wont be there. San Antonio is 2.5 hours away, so I'm not getting up and driving to the start line. Basically, I need to stay overnight, but I dont want to have to stay in a hotel room all by myself! Any one in blog-land have any tips?

Until next time, prepare yourself for many posts about jelly legs, toe blisters and ice baths.

1 comment:

Erika said...

LOL-- love the reality rant!! Except I would still like to see a few of those shows stick around. :)

01 09 10